The drive to the gorge;
- First half - new loose gravel, second half - potholes. Great combination. Take care.
- Please drive with lights on on the Wairoa Gorge Roads.
- Be aware of oncoming traffic.
- Keep your speed down.
- There is signage up from brightwater to the site.
0800 am – Registration opens
0830 am – Shuttle uplifts begin at the RZR bridge.
1100 am – Seeding run will be open for riders to race (from creamed rice skid)
1400 pm – Seeding run closes
1100am ish - Lunch is provided at Barrys flat (open for a few hours)
1500 pm – (Approx) Last uplift
- You are given two maps in the registration pack, please take them with you
o a race map with the seeding run and Sunday race runs
o a trail map with all trails and manned marshal points on Saturday
- Never ride alone, always stay in a group of two or more.
- There are marshals with radios on the hill, (see your map for their locations) they are there to help, try to get to them in case of something going wrong and let them know.
- Do not ride down the road other than between trails, be extra careful and keep out of the way of vehicles. Vehicles have the right of way on the roads.
- We have medics at the top of the hill to respond to any problems there is also a triage tent at Barry’s Flat.
- The seeding run will be based from the shuttle drop off.
- The seeding run will be open from 11 – 2pm.
- Seeding results will be posted on Saturday evening. You will need to start in the order you seed on all three race runs on Sunday.
- If you have pre purchased and paid for merchandise pick it up at race rego.
- Lunch will be served at Barrys Flat from 12pm
- There is a coffee cart on site, bring cash
- Bring plenty of snacks and drinks
- B rad will be on site, he will cater to your every need. Bring more cash.